Friday, September 28, 2007

I've been busy in the basement making a furry grizzly bear outfit for K-5th grade kids to wear. I think it will be an effective way to captivate their attention if they watch classmates reenact scientific research on wildlife. I believe it will be a lot of fun and they will be less likely to forget.

It's almost done! The claws on the furry mittens are the same size as actual grizzly bear claws. The fur fabric looks very much like the real grizzlies I saw while in Denali National Park - more blond then brown.

In the early stages, when I was working on how to make it fit kids in a wide size range, I had my niece try it on. She's almost seven. She jumped on the couch, looked in the mirror, then rolled on the floor laughing and laughing. It was rewarding to bring such joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment