Thursday, December 10, 2009

Granted, this photograph is not going to win any awards for stunning photography, but it does make a good point. Yesterday, in the fresh air under gray skies, I was eager to test out my new pair of cross-country skis. I headed into the woods behind my house and quickly found snow-covered fallen logs, a rock wall, and all kinds of spiny shrubs. I wasn't skiing, I was maneuvering so I turned around and went back for the snowshoes. Ultimately, it was a good choice. I had a peaceful hike up and down hills in the snowy woods. Following human prints, I got lost in both time and place.

I invest a lot of time and energy in what I write so I really lament about what I'm working on next. In the past month, I've gone in several different directions only to realize that I really want to write what I "finished" earlier this year. But I knew that piece needed work because it was not placing well. Anyhow, I went back to the starting point and reviewed, revised, and refined it. Now I will retrace last year's steps in hopes of getting somewhere. My New Year's resolution: Burst out of the egg and shatter the shell!

No comments:

Post a Comment