Monday, December 7, 2009

Last night, some time after 9PM, a light bulb went off in a very dense head. Euphoria. I wanted to climb a high mountain and shout at the top of my lungs
"I KNOW WHAT I DID WRONG!"
When you think something is your absolute best and no one notices, it leaves feelings of disappointment, frustration and futility. Making considerable revisions on Saturday to something else, reading "The Orchid Thief", and reviewing last year's pick made me discover what was wrong. AGGHHH! How could I have been so blind, so foolish, so stupid? Don't answer that! A wave of relief has swept over me, bringing renewed hope. Out of last year's paper, I've folded, creased, and crafted a new paper airplane. I'm waiting for the right breeze to send it aloft and hoping this time it soars!

No comments:

Post a Comment