Friday, May 7, 2010





Yesterday was one of those days where I could not make myself get into the writing world. My biggest accomplishment was painting a champagne cork. How sad. The cork came from the bottle of champagne I opened to celebrate winning the PEN Discovery Award. If nothing comes of the proposal, I will still have my ornament decorated like the subject of my chapter and every Christmas when I take it out I will remember. I also thought I'd post a photograph of an old ornament I made as a kid. Interesting that I sometimes use the logo of a jack in the box (Zajac in a box). Actually, that old ornament was more sophisticated than it looks. Jack was on a spring and could be lowered into the box and the box shut. Time moves on, but some things never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment