Friday, April 16, 2010

Azalea


I've been so busy (as a bee) scrambling with last minute planning that I didn't notice until today that my name is now on the PEN website. This award still blows me away when I think about it--which believe me I haven't had much time to do. I noticed today that the event in Cambridge on May 23rd is going to also include other award winners who are likely more polished speakers (not that this bothers me in any way. Eeek!).

Recently, Christina Rodriguez left a comment on my post about a first draft I submitted which made me think about why I felt this first draft was slapped together very quickly. I approached this particular first draft a little differently than I normally do. I wrote down paragraphs and kept moving forward with the writing until I was at the word count and conclusion of the article. Usually, I'll write the first paragraph and keep washing over it like the tide coming in, extending and refining it with each wash.

After the photograph session the bee proceeded to attack me, but thankfully missed its target.

No comments:

Post a Comment