Sunday, May 27, 2012

Talcottville Gorge, Vernon

Some day I'll make it to Book Expo America which is taking place June 4th - June 7th at the Javits Center in New York City..  

I had a wonderful time at Chautauqua last year and can't say enough good things about that writing workshop.  This year, they're moving the writing conference to the Barn at Honesdale PA and splitting it up into three week long writing workshops:
Writing from the Heart
Fiction Writing for Children and Young Adults
Nonfiction Writing for Children and Young Adults.

I've been busy working on a short manuscript and two magazine articles.  During editing of a chemistry article, an editor trimmed off portions of my article that included quotes from an expert.  At 4:30 am, in a moment of brilliance, I decided to take those scraps and make them a stand-alone article.

I went back to Talcottville Gorge and spotted a bullfrog swelling out its belly, a great blue heron in flight, and a northern water snake slithering across the pond.  It was a great morning for wildlife viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment