Friday, December 28, 2012

This week I signed up for Twitter, mainly because I wanted to scoff my name before some other Linda Zajac got their hands on it.  You can catch me at @LindaZajac.   I also added a Twitter link on the right hand side of this website.

Lately, I'm enjoying plenty of family time and writing time too.   

After getting this detailed email about Chasing Ice, I decided to go on Saturday 1/5 instead of Friday night, weather permitting.

Real Art Ways, 56 Arbor Street in Hartford, CT.

Showtimes:

Fri. 1/4: 5pm, 7pm       Sat. 1/5: 2pm, 5pm, 7pm*       Sun. 1/6: 2pm, 5pm, 7pm      Mon. 1/7: 5pm, 7pm**
Tues. 1/8: 4pm            Wed. 1/9: 5pm, 7pm            Thurs. 1/10: 5pm, 7pm 



*Post-film presentation and Q&A with Laurence Gould after the 7pm screening. 

Laurence Gould is a professor of physics at the University of Hartford. Gould was a keynote speaker at the Heartland Institute's 2009 International Conference on Climate Change 

**Post-film discussion with Brian Glenn and the Appalachian Mountain Club after the 7pm screening. 

Brian J. Glenn is a Research Fellow at the Dukakis Center for Public Policy at Northeastern University who studies how perceptions of political issues lead Americans to support certain policies and not others. The discussion will focus on how Chasing Ice presents the issue of global warming. What are the elements of a powerful argument? Is this movie convincing, and if so, why? 
  
My free public skating trip to Hartford turned out to be a costly one.  Not only did I hurt my back really bad when I fell only once, I also crippled my camera, which was in my pocket.  Brilliant.

Thankfully, the pulled muscle is back to normal, but the camera is not.  Thus I am now posting photos from the past.   This is a mountain lion we saw at San Diego Zoo this past summer.  It was a good thing it was in a cage because it was eying and growling at a young child.   

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your back, but glad it's better now. I'm on Twitter too @RenaJJones. Love the pictures of the mountain lion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rena. It was pretty painful for about three days, but now it's almost 100%. I've decided strengthening back muscles is one goal for 2013. Thanks for the Twitter name. I'm following!

    ReplyDelete