Saturday, May 25, 2013

Bat in Austin Texas
I found this great guest post for editors about getting organized.  The guest poster was Sue Burznyski Bullards, associate professor in the College of Journalism and Mass Communications at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Granted, I'm nowhere near qualified to be an editor, but I could stand to improve my organization (have you seen the piles on my dining room table?).  Google Calendar is mentioned in the post.  I can't just take it for granted that it will work, I've got to test it first.  I set up a test event, creatively named "test" with a reminder scheduled to detonate in 14 minutes.  Tick.  Tick.  Tick.


I also received information about a FREE online class called Climate Literacy: Navigating Climate Change Conversations which I signed up for.  It's a $935 class.  (Can she pass anything up, ever?)    The first quiz is May 27th and I signed up two minutes ago, so I guess I'd better get my buns moving on this stuff!!!

In Austin, we hung out beneath the Congress Avenue Bridge waiting for 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats to make their nightly appearance.  They were well hidden until dusk arrived.  As they poured out of their hiding places, the glint of light from a streetlamp made it look like a night of heavy snow.  Wow! 

Btw, my "test" worked!





  

No comments:

Post a Comment