Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tassy Walden Contest

Tassy Walden Contest winners
Last Wednesday, my writing friends and I trucked down to the Connecticut shore to attend a reception for the Tassy Walden Contest winners.   I was thrilled that my friend, Natasha Garnett, was honored.  Also on the list for the NINTH time was a friend I met at Chautauqua, Betsy Devany.   It was great to see her again.  I enjoyed listening to the distinct voices of the winners and also meeting veteran writers like Leslie Bulion and Doe Boyle.

I just finished up module 7 of my online course and I will breathe a sigh of relief when I'm done in a few weeks.  I have learned so much, but I hesitate to tell anyone all that I know because I'm going to sound like Chicken Little.  I am enjoying the banter on the discussion board and I've noticed those that STILL believe the climate is changing due to natural causes have regressed from stating things without supplying supporting facts to name calling.  I've been called delusional and stubborn and I've been told my voice is meaningless.  One person wrote, "What has to happen to you to return to reality, have a piano fall on your head?"  Thankfully, there are hordes of sharp participants that squash all the untruths such as one thread titled, "Global Warming Debunked: NASA Report verifies Carbon Dioxide actually cools Atmosphere."  WRONG!  Use reliable sources, NOT blogs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment