Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks, New Mexico




Today, I'm posting photographs of Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks in north-central New Mexico. This area was turned into a national monument in January 2001. Six to seven million years ago volcanic eruptions left layered deposits of pumice, ash, and tuff in shades of beige, pink and grey. Wind and water carved the canyon and surrounding area. It was a steep 630 foot hike to the mesa top, but well worth the effort. This is probably the first time I've ever posted a photograph of myself. I loved it here and could have stayed all day.

This morning I've been practicing my speech using a bottle of Shout as a microphone. I must admit after the first few times, I thought it was a pretty bad scene. Thankfully, I am improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment