Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mount Washington, New Hampshire - part 2

Although I didn't see much in the way of wildlife on the Presidential range in New Hampshire, I did find signs of science. At the hut, there was a citizen science project and a climate change project that guests could partake in. I must admit I looked over the climate change project that centered around alpine flowers, but put it back knowing that we had a long hike and no time for it (we hiked from 7:30AM to 6PM with few breaks). These photographs were taken near Lakes of the Clouds hut below the summit of Mount Washington. The top photograph is climate and air experiments that were scattered on the rocks overlooking the hut. I spotted two of these plant cams on Crawford's Path. The AMC White Mountain Guide book that we have mentions an extremely rare Robbin's cinquefoil (Potentilla robbinsiaina). I'm not sure if this cam is pointed at one or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment