Saturday, December 25, 2010

Yesterday, I went to the local pharmacy to get my 2011 writing calendar, a free Hallmark calendar that they hid behind the counter and made me ask for. Today, I filled it by looking up conference dates as well as contest, grant, fellowship and critique deadlines. I also made another entry about three weeks before a deadline. "Mail xxx."

If something is due early in the month there' s nothing like that sinking feeling you get when you flip the page and realize you have no time to mail it. The little calendar is an inexpensive indispensable tool.

I was also at the same pharmacy on the 23rd. I was a bit dazed when I left. The clerk was on the phone with the police asking the other clerk if he saw the car. The conversation went something like this:
"Were you robbed?"
"yes."
"Was I in the store at the time?" (eyes surely popping out of my head)
"No, it was a while ago."

How long would you wait to call the police after being robbed? Needless to say the calendar I picked up that day is nowhere to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment