Monday, July 11, 2011


I've carefully worded my editorial email and will send it out tomorrow when I'm a lot more rested than today. I'm afraid I'm going to make a stupid mistake. Chautauqua is on my doorstep and the suitcase is getting stuffed.

Melanie found this turtle wandering around in the middle of our backyard. Boy, did Walt ever startle me. I turned my head and the feisty creature was dangling real close to my ear. At first, I didn't even recognize it as a turtle. I screamed. I'm not a turtle expert, but I think it was a painted turtle. I picked up the muddy squirming creature and placed it at the edge of the wet woods. Now, I'm wondering if I should have driven it to a pond. It was quite a ways away from the pond in the woods and quite eager to get moving away from me. I can't say that I blame it. When I cropped one photo so it was only the head I noticed what looked like a snail on the shell. Maybe it was a chunk of mud?

No comments:

Post a Comment