Saturday, September 24, 2011

Mount Higby, Middlefield



I will be speaking on November 12th in Cromwell, Connecticut, at the Appalachian Mountain Club's Annual Gathering. Click on workshops and schedule on the left side of their web page. The presentation evolved from an article I wrote for ChemMatters.

This week, I continued revising my latest chemistry article.  It was quick work when I finally realized what the editor had been looking for all along. He told me it would be published in February 2012.

These shots were taken last Sunday on a hike to Mount Higby. Mount Higby is in the background in the bottom photograph of my brother and I. With a wake the following day, it was hard to smile for that photograph. We parked at Guida's at the intersection of Route 66 and Route 147 in Middlefield.  It was a relatively easy hike along a traprock ridge with excellent vistas. I'd love to go back in a month or so and soak up the colors of autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment