Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Monday was a day where I sat out front instead of out back and it did me a world of good. It sure helped to be on a dead end where there weren't many distractions. Was it the change in scenery, the backyard activity that was out of sight, the decision not to disrupt my thoughts with a visit to a nursing home (I went the following day) or was I just at that point in the process where the words came easier? I don't know, but I have learned that I write best when I'm relaxed, well rested, and not worried. Easier said than done sometimes.

That one day, I finished the article I was working on and fact-checked probably 85% of it! Woot!(added to the Oxford Dictionary this year). This morning, the Big Kahuna went out the door, but not without giving me plenty of grief beforehand. I made FIVE piddly-buns changes before shipping it out. I read a book once about people that died hiking Mount Washington. It was called Not Without Peril. Why does the title Not Without Grief come to mind?

This, BTW, is a Rose of Sharon.

No comments:

Post a Comment