Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Case of the Missing Emails

I chewed up some time this week tracking down important emails.  In the past, some emails never made it to my inbox, but I didn't think anything of it.  It didn't happen that often and I chalked it up to a glitch in the connection.  One of the emails I needed contained the manuscripts I was supposed to critique for the conference in April.  Ut oh!   At first, I tried making changes to junk folder settings on Mozilla Thunderbird.  Then I tried receiving the email through Outlook Express on the laptop, to no avail.  Little did I realize that in 2003, Walt set up an AT&T account with a password I never would have guessed in a million years.  They were caught in the spam filter on this server.  Thankfully, he knew how to find them.  Hallelujah!  That poor spam filter was doing double time filtering all kinds of gunk--195 rancid emails since end of Feb 2012 (I believe).


I'm delighted with my critique group for the conference.  I've been busy reviewing a picture book and an activity book and I can't wait to meet the writers.  My writing friends critiqued my manuscript and talked me out of submitting it to a publisher before it gets critiqued again at the conference.  Good lord, you know I'm itching to get this thing out in the world!

Spring has sprung!  Bulbs are popping out of the Earth.  The azaleas are out and forsythia buds are hanging like ripe bananas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment