Monday, June 16, 2014

Hazen Park, Avon

black bear track!
This coming weekend I'm driving to the 21st Century Children's Nonfiction Conference at SUNY, New Paltz.  Last year, I had a great time and I was glad I went.  I expect this year to be even better.  The conference has quite a collection of sessions on new media which sound intriguing.  I am also eager to see the 3-D printing demo.  It fits right in with my background and interest in cutting-edge technology and science.

quail
A couple weeks ago, we hiked to the Heublein Tower via Hazen Park in Avon, CT.   The trail started out at a gradual incline and got very steep near the top.  It was quite exciting when Walt discovered the fresh bear print in the mud.  Bears are often spotted in Avon.  I would have loved to have spent more time looking for other prints, but I was busy as the host of a whine and mosquito tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment