Monday, October 20, 2008

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a strange city without a map. There are so many different routes to take, it is often difficult to pick the best one. This past weekend I was working on something that made me think of my own past and how I got where I am. Aside from school, some of the first research and writing I did was to fend off development at planning and zoning meetings. I spoke out in support of my distraught mother and the "behemoth" that was destined to be built across the street from her house. There was a lot of satisfaction knowing that my research and my words made a difference. Throughout my years of writing I've sided with those that I felt were unfairly treated or unable to speak on their own behalf - namely endangered species. This doesn't help me settle on a route, but it does make me aware that I stand behind my writing and fight for what I believe in. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment