Thursday, April 2, 2009

I think I'm falling into a sinkhole of research. Last night, I pulled two research papers and parts of a third at the University. Back at home, I found one more online. The whole idea of writing about a controversial subject is to get kids thinking. Its definitely got me thinking. Since I'm leery that deadlines will be in my face all too soon, I've started writing too. That first crummy blob of sentences is now on paper. It's a start.

Last Thursday, while at Beinecke, I saw the Gutenberg Bible. My friend Rosie mentioned yesterday that her sister-in-law in NYC is a book restorer/conservator. She worked to restore a Gutenberg Bible, but she didn't know which one. I asked if she used new glue or old glue. The answer was I don't know, but it came out more like how the heck should I know. Good point, but since I'd wondered about binding glue myself, it was fresh in my mind. Her sister-in-law also restored some John Lennon material. Interesting conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment