Saturday, April 25, 2009

I think the recent purchase of Scientific American magazine by the journal Nature is a really intriguing combination and a smart move. Scientists publish the results of their work in journals, then science writers (like moi) read their research papers and write articles for newspapers and magazines. I'm thinking those embargoed stories will still be unavailable to everyone else except Scientific American. If that's the case, they'll have a huge advantage in releasing science stories quicker and new science discoveries will reach the public faster. This is good news for scientists that publish in Nature and for the general public and bad news for the staff at Scientific American.

Yesterday getting away from my article helped me rewrite the conclusion. It's getting there. I gave myself a deadline at the end of April. That's when I'll start checking it for accuracy. Once again I'm moving forward on another opportunity. It would be nice to get somewhere in this department......someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment