Friday, October 29, 2010

South Windsor Wildlife Sanctuary, South Windsor



Last weekend, we walked in the South Windsor Wildlife Sanctuary. Although we didn't see much in the way of wildlife, we did come to a field of black-eyed Susans.  At the highest point in the town, we had a nice view.

Today, I emailed a query. I haven't done much querying, so I did some research on the correct format beforehand. It came together pretty fast and I think it made a strong case. Geesh, it was SO much easier than doing a lot of research, writing an article, then finding out if there was interest in the subject. I like this query idea.  When I zero in on a topic, I want to do one more for a theme I picked out.

In early November, I'm going to the National Association of Science Writers conference. Driving around New Haven, with its multitude of one-way streets, is not my specialty.  So, I am gathering directions and maps. This will be my first science conference.  I hope I get a lot out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment