Thursday, December 11, 2008

Last night I had every intention of reading further into that academic book I've been reading. I got sidetracked looking at websites on BEA, AASL, NELA, IRA, ALA, and CLA when I should have been looking up ADD. After that I listened to 3 Nobel lectures (about 1.5 hours worth). There were 4 things that pleased me:
1) Dr. Shimomura mentioned the work of Dr. Douglas Prasher. This I didn't expect since his work came before Prashers.
2) Dr. Chalfie gave credit to Dr. Prasher and mentioned that science is a sequential thing.
3) Dr. Tsien gave more credit to Dr. Prasher and singled him out of the audience.
4) Somehow Dr. Prasher got a well-deserved seat in that room!
I thought it was very cool when they dimmed the lights and Shimomura brought out his glowing tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment