Monday, December 1, 2008

The road race was great fun! It was my second fastest run in about 10 years of running that race. It wasn't easy given the record number of runners - over 11,500. Many of these runners line up in the 35-40 minute area and are walking after 1 mile (not that that bothers me at all having to go around them). I regret that I didn't start further up in the pack.

What does this have to do with writing? Maybe the record crowds. It's VERY difficult to lead the pack when there are so many people in the game. And everyone is a writer. In high school, when running was the most important thing to me, I was a decent runner. But like writing, I have had to work very hard to get where I am. And there are still miles to go......

A few quick tips:
To avoid getting your picture taken - pin your number to your back (te he)
Get revenge on the sneaks that give you blisters by donating them for playground equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment