Saturday, December 27, 2008

Today I was up at the Rhode Island School of Design Museum (RISD) in Providence R.I. for the first time. They had a David Macaulay exhibit that I found very interesting. His architectural artwork was meticulous. Every brick was detailed. I could have spent more time pouring over those drawings. On the wall were pages from Black and White. I remember taking that out at the library when my kids were smaller. It was so unique, a book with four stories going at one time. That book made an impression on me because it was so different from the many other books I used to read my kids.

Outside the museum, a number of blocks away, I noticed the crosswalks didn't look like your average crosswalk instead they were fancy (Providence?) reminding me of the artwork I had just viewed. It was a good use of a dreary rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment