Friday, October 30, 2009

Scientific American posted an interesting article about what can be done to improve U.S. students standings in math and science.

I dug a whole ton of research material out of the basement and decided to continue working on a topic I've already started versus starting anything new. Glory will be the day that I get to finish some of these works in progress.

Yesterday, I returned to working on a school program I've been thinking about. I went out on a limb and purchased some on-clearance vinyl versus felt that I initially had in mind. On the ride home, I began to regret this purchase, thinking that acrylic paint would crack on this material. At home, I did a test run of acrylic on vinyl and was pleasantly surprised that the surface is much easier to paint than felt and the paint doesn't chip. It works for me! I'm heading back to buy more today.

No comments:

Post a Comment