Monday, February 1, 2010


After reading a book called Super Stars by David Aguilar, I showed it to Walt. His telescope has been locked in a cabinet unused for years, but my interest and the book inspired him to pull out the scope this evening. In the frigid night air we saw Mars and the Orion Nebula. Apparently Mars is very close to earth right now. Who knew? My line of questioning went something like this: Is it better to view the stars in the winter or the summer? Followed quickly by how cold is it out here? My down slippers felt like sandals. Now I'd really like to go to the Copernican Observatory and Planetarium at Central Connecticut State College in New Britain--where it's warm!

Another book I read recently was Upon Secrecy by Selene Castrovilla. I really liked the voice in that book and I thought the topic, the Culper Spy Ring, was interesting. Short sentences conveyed the immediacy of the story.

I made revisions to another proposal and now I'm at the point where I no longer like it. Ut oh. Must move quickly because I need to send it out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment