Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The lake was tranquil at day's end. I had great fun tooling around in a whitewater kayak last night with my friend Emily. She was kind enough to model the George Jetsen inspired spray skirt which is absolutely hysterical when viewed from the back (think rhumba ruffles). The other lovely things we had to wear were noseplugs which were a big hit (cough). The three bottom photographs were taken as Emily did her first successful wet exit. Yeah! I learned something called a T-rescue. It's sort of a half of an eskimo roll. At one point I rolled over a bit too far and I was under the upside down kayak. I did not recall instructions on how to get back up so I bailed out with a wet exit. It was a little unnerving. I noticed this particular instructor ditched me after bringing my flooded kayak to shore so I guess I flunked that one. Oops.

The past few days I've been beefing up my Facebook account, but when I stop to think about it, I wonder why am I doing this.




No comments:

Post a Comment