Thursday, September 24, 2009

Yesterday, I sunk into a pit of despair as the shortcomings of the publishing industry rose to the surface in a hard boil. I had no patience for the snail's pace on this crammed highway of writers, no patience for being corrected, no patience. But patience is the first thing to go when I'm tired. I stewed in the quicksand making FB friends, cooking dinner (stew), and surfing online for jobs. Essentially, I accomplished nothing.

But at night my subconscious mind was a stardust fairy leaving gifts behind. Two nights ago when I was still in this rut, I had a phenomenal dream. I opened the front door of the house and walked outside. Wildlife was right there at my doorstep. It was wildlife I'd love to see in their natural habitat. It was totally amazing, one of the best dreams I can remember.

Last night at 4AM, I hatched a plan for a top notch school program. It was staring me right in the face, but I didn't see it. When I worked as a computer programmer, sometimes I'd struggle all day trying to understand why a program was misbehaving. But at night the answer would come. The stardust fairy sprinkles magic when you need it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment