Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I just finished painting the fourth piece of vinyl--my final vinyl. Each3x5 foot sheet took about two hours to paint except for the last one which took roughly 1 1/2 hours. I started with the widest brush applying a base layer of color. I followed up with a smaller brush and some strokes of texture. Lastly, I used the smallest brush for details and little dabs of moss green for color. Yesterday afternoon, my almost 9 year- old niece was over so I used her as a model and started to cut (eek, one mistake and I could wreck a sheet of vinyl). Now I have a new concern. I cut slices for armholes and realized that I've created a weak spot right at the top of the slice where the weight of a sheet of vinyl rests. The area has to be reinforced somehow? Hm. It was quite entertaining to see her dressed up. Basically these four sheets of vinyl are four costumes that cover the worst case scenario. Whole lot of work for worst case scenario, but necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment