Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm still working on these costumes. Sunday I trimmed armholes because I'm afraid they are going to rip if little arms are pushing in and out of them. I sewed up one side so now they look like long painted vinyl muscle shirts. Lovely indeed. Since there was no velcro in my basement, today I ventured to the fabric store for 2- inch sew on velcro.

There was a bit of excitement there. The key broke in a door in the back and the alarm was screaming for help. I wanted to hit it with a hammer. Then I spotted the clearance stuff (75% off!). As I pulled out a wig, a misplaced Christmas tree ornament fell to the ground and smashed. OOPS! I got the sales lady to help with clean up. Christmas stuff did not belong in that bin.

Anyhow, I was looking for something to fashion the headpieces out of and saw those wigs. Perfect. The thought of putting the pig-tailed ribbon-tied "Dorothy" wig on a male volunteer totally amused me.

No comments :

Post a Comment