Friday, November 6, 2009

Today I'm posting photographs of two unusual trees I spotted on the way to snorkeling off the beach at Cinnamon Bay Campground on St. John. After unsuccessfully trying to identify them, I asked the naturalist at Roger Tory Peterson Institute of Natural History for help. He identified the first picture as Indian Mulberry. The dimpled fruit has medicinal uses. The second photograph of green tassels is still an enigma. Palm flowers perhaps?

I think I've finally settled on how I'm strengthening my vinyl costumes--a redesign. I'm hoping my sewing machine can pierce through two layers of vinyl to produce some quick strong seams across the shoulders. I'll be testing this out soon. After putting it aside for several weeks, I read and slightly modified my brochure. I'm really happy with the information I included. It makes a strong case for this program.


No comments:

Post a Comment