Tuesday, January 27, 2009

This morning at 5 A.M., my alarm clock purred in my face (and you can't turn it off!). That got me thinking about the nonfiction books I used to read my kids when they were small. For the life of me I could not remember much. I do remember reading lots of Tana Hoban books and I loved this book for capturing the grandeur. The nonfiction kids books I've been reading lately are really exceptional in their own way - excellent photography, interesting stories, dramatic action, and beautiful storytelling. Did they exist back then? I would have read more if I could have found more nonfiction that was a nice read.

I have an idea for my current proposal - something a little different. But I need to think about the best way to do it. Hm.

I forgot to mention at my local library yesterday, I noticed nearly an entire shelf of brand new nonfiction! Way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment