Monday, May 9, 2011


Lots of progress today. All day I read research papers, wrote and jotted down the papers I couldn't find online. I needed a huge hunk of time to get myself back into this project. By working outside, phone calls didn't interrupt me, butterflies did. I ran for the camera at the sight of a swallowtail.

Word count is now hovering about 700 words short of the target. Sometimes working an hour here or there simply does not cut it.

I received a nice email from a NJ teacher whose class enjoyed my beavers article (2007) during state assessment testing. How cool is that!

Probably the most stunning thing I've accomplished during the weekend was that I've written a PB, my first ever. If that's not enough of a shocker, the thing is a work of fiction. No, I don't expect this to start a trend. I'm interested to hear what my writing friends have to say about this--after they recover from their heart attacks.

The photograph of the day is the marine research center at the National Zoo in Washington D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment