Saturday, March 14, 2009

Boy, did I ever get sidetracked yesterday and this morning. It reminded me of my childhood when I used to get lost in a set of encyclopedias. Reading about one topic led me to another and so on. Anyhow, a relative on my grandfathers side who I don't know and never even heard of has been researching family history. He wanted birth dates and photos for ancestry charts which he got all the way back to the 1700's in Italy. First, I investigated newspaper archives searching for info on a construction accident. Then I poked around on Google earth to see the village where my ancestors came from. They think it was named after its poor inhabitants. No nobility here. I had to find out more information about the castle. How high was the mountain (higher then Mt. Washington). What did my grandfathers last name mean in Italian (probably crime). Then I found a connection between a last name on my mothers side to my maiden name. OMG! They've been interbreeding. Maybe I need ADD meds.......FOCUS. LINDA FOCUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment