Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mansfield Hollow State Park, Mansfield




By changing the settings that I mentioned in the last blog post, I inadvertently fixed a problem I spent too much time trying to figure out. I had been using Google Reader to read a few blogs of interest. In Google Reader, I subscribed to my own blog to see if it would show up on blog stats. I was quite dismayed that I couldn't see my whole post.  All I saw was the first 3-5 sentences, no photographs. Try as I might, I couldn't figure out how to see the rest of my blog posts. One of the settings that I changed a couple of days ago fixed this problem! BTW, reading a blog in Google Reader appears to be invisible to sitemeter because it didn't increase the number of times the blog had been viewed.

Over the years, I've built a small campfire that has weathered the howling wind and stormy skies. Lately, it seems no matter how hard I try or what direction I go in, I end up circling that fire, round and round. Poking it with a stick isn't much help either, so I'm trying to find a way to stoke it. I suspect by the time I get to Chautauqua I will be a sorry sight, like the lost and starving hiker wearing tattered clothes.

Currently, I'm trying to rework this outline to incorporate more scientists and still maintain a story line. Although I'm not quite sure why more is better when one by itself is quite exciting. I'm starting to wonder about a few things and I think maybe they aren't quite as certain as I thought they were. Time will tell.

These photographs were taken at Mansfield Hollow State Park. On a bitter cold day, Walt and I hiked around the upper portion of the lake then out to the levee. The wind was fierce by the dam.  It used all its might to force us back.

No comments:

Post a Comment