Thursday, February 24, 2011

I noticed yesterday that my article, From Copper Town to Ghost Town, has been published by Viatouch. It's a history article about a ghost town in Wrangell-St. Elias National Park in Alaska.

There are plenty of interesting articles on the Scientific American website. Here's an article about misinformation on the web, but this time it's not climate related, it's medical information. I have always thought there needed to be controls on self-published nonfiction. Right now, any writer can self-publish any crock and claim that it's true. Web content is far different though. It's more like an octopus and difficult to monitor the facts.

Here's another article that I found really interesting. It's about why Americans are misinformed about climate change. It reminded me of that very stupid greeting card I opened one day. Outside it said, something about global warming and inside it pointed to reducing the candles on your birthday cake. I should have bought it to get it off the shelf. It was supposed to be funny, but I thought of it more as mocking science and the facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment