Thursday, May 7, 2009


I hate to admit this, but I'm back again playing with ink. First of all, yesterday I noticed that oil pigments and gelatin don't mix so I needed liquin (linseed oil) to make it work. I'm not sure if that was a component in the chemical tests so today I played around with water colors. Since I did not have titanium white, I used Chinese white. It was basically a test to see how everything mixed together and to see what kind of browns I could produce with complimentary colors purple(grape jello) and yellow ochre. Here's a plateworth of results. I did use an ivory black to deepen the color. I also tried cheery gelatin (the red splotch on the right), but don't think that would have done it.
Hopefully, I can get a life soon and move onto a new project while this article moves back and forth for editing.

It doesn't appear so......

I did a little research on jell-o to see when it was invented and if grape jell-o was even around during 1957 when the map was discovered (I figured it was). I found some interesting stuff. Jell-o is an antique. The first flavors were orange, lemon, strawberry, and raspberry. In the 1950's and 1960's new flavors were produced - black cherry, black raspberry, blackberry, and grape. Hmm. Blackberry is a deep purple too and now I'm wondering what kind of browns that would produce. But I do need to get a life and get moving onto a new project as mentioned above....................Hmm.

No comments :

Post a Comment