Friday, May 1, 2009

Since school was closed yesterday due to swine issues, Julia and I headed for the equine pastures to do some horseback riding. Quite honestly, I contemplated whether I should bring my article and verify it in the car while she trotted off. I thought I might regret not going so I saddled up on Lady. After a 25-30 mile bike ride (a personal record) From Vernon to Columbia this past weekend with Walt, I wasn't too terribly keen on bouncing around in the saddle as much as my horse was eager to run. It certainly was a different way to see the woods. At the end of the ride, when I was spacing off looking at the gigantic white tent for horses, Lady lurched forward when she spotted the truck portion of a tractor trailer with engine running. It was a VERY good thing I had one hand on the reins and the other on the saddle because that was a bit too sudden for my liking. Our trail leader commented that I had good control of the horse. Yeah right, the thing nearly threw me!

When I returned home, I was quite happy to find a nice detailed email from a scientist. It gave me the last bits of information I needed to finish the article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment